Collegian Media Group publishes the Royal Purple yearbook, The Collegian newspaper, and the Manhappenin’ Magazine.
All of these publications rely on the student-run IT Support staff to keep all of Collegian Media Group’s IT resources maintained and fully functional. In addition to maintenance, the IT Support staff employs a web developer to build and/or maintain all of Collegian Media Group’s websites.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with WordPress.
- Familiarity with Git version control.
- Extensive experience with GUI-less Linux operating systems, such as Ubuntu Server.
- Familiarity with virtualization software, such as Docker and/or VirtualBox.
- Experience with web server software, such as Apache and/or Nginx.
- Experience with database software, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, and/or MariaDB.
- Familiarity with writing bash scripts.
- Must communicate well with peers and management.
- Experience with macOS. Each IT staff member is given a MacBook Pro Retina laptop to use while employed.
- Experience with mobile-first development, and experience developing on iOS and Android platforms is preferred.
- Attend Weekly staff meetings led by either the IT Support Director or the IT Support Manager(s).
- Maintain all written and electronic records. Order equipment, software or tools when needed and approved by IT Support Director.
- Must have the ability to follow written and verbal instructions and work well under pressure of daily deadlines.
- Must be enrolled in at least six credit hours in both fall and spring semesters.
- Hourly pay is dependent on level of skill and experience. Work schedule is very flexible. Set your schedule based on your availability. Offices located on campus in Kedzie Hall.
- Must be dependable and on time for scheduled hours once set.
- Ability to be on call for emergency maintenance or troubleshooting.
- Potential for attending workshops or conventions, either as a participant or leader.