CMG seeks full-time advertising adviser

The Collegian Media Group at Kansas State University seeks a fulltime, 40-hour per week, advertising adviser to lead a student staff to sell print and digital ads for the K-State Collegian, Manhappenin’ magazine and other promotional guides.

The Board of Directors hires a student ad manager. He or she hires and supervises the sales staff. The advertising adviser works directly with the ad manager to select staff, set sales goals, coach the staff and provide training throughout the semester.

The advertising adviser is responsible for guiding students to be successful in sales, managing national advertising accounts, resolving client disputes and working collaboratively with a team. The advertising adviser is responsible for meeting revenue requirements as determined by the CMG director and approved by the Board of Directors.

ROLE:

The adviser’s role is to oversee the decisions, tasks, responsibilities and job placement of student employees within the department and provide guidance on all things advertising related including conflicts with clients and billing. The advertising adviser must be comfortable with new media and excited about the possibilities of providing digital and print advertising bundles to clients.

RESPONSIBILITIES:

• Train, direct and guide the advertising management, sales and creative teams.
  • Work with student ad managers to develop advertising campaigns.
  • Help set goals and monitor progress.
  • Sell national advertising and maintain accounts.
  • Develop annual sales projections for the organization.
  • Manage billing payment collection and invoicing monthly.
  • Collaborate with CMG staff and other departments to develop and monitor long-term revenue solutions.
  • Track sales volume and traffic within the department.
  • Through weekly meetings with sales staff, ensure client accounts are being handled efficiently and professionally.
  • Recruit potential ad staff and oversee the hiring of sales reps and creatives. 
  • Assist students in marketing all CMG publications and platforms.
  • Other duties assigned by the director.

QUALIFICATIONS: Four-year degree, three years’ advertising and digital media experience, two years of managing or training salespeople, understanding of print and digital media sales.

Desired: familiarity with collegiate student media. Knowledge of digital, mobile, tablet and app development. Experience with the agency model.

Salary is commensurate with experience.

Review of applications begins immediately until a successful candidate is hired

Apply Now